Thursday, March 5, 2009

In Response to Anthony...

I can see that an ongoing discussion board could provide a very useful and probably sometimes amusing arena for lecturers, staff and hopefully guests to post thoughtful commentary, criticism and debate.
Personally I'd like to see this take the form of a Wiki (please go here to find out what this means or here to see an example of a working wiki) of which we could have a link from our front page to this. We could even invite guests to begin new threads/discussions/topics etc.

In respect of galleries - I would like to see the ability to have lecturer's upload student projects as examples of the type of work they produce as part of the course (meaning we need to have the ability to post and display still and moving image works - some with sound too). This can provide a platform to expose our standards and our students to the broader community *and be an excellent promotional tool.

Staff should also be able to include this type of material in their own profiles.

No comments: